Information Websites

See below for many local and state resources.


Wanting to know more about ASD, check out Amaze Victoria.

Asperger Victoria

Companion Card

Did you know that you may be eligible for a ‘Companion Card’.There are some members of SASSG who have one. The card offers a number of discounts and benefits. To find our more and to see if you are eligible check out. You are able to apply online as well.

Carers Allowance

If you care for a child or children and/or adults who are on the spectrum, you may be entitled to Carers Allowance.

Carers Victoria

Need assistance or information as a carer in Victoria? Contact Carers Victoria.

Carers NSW

Need assistance or information as a carer in NSW? Contact Carers NSW.

Carers Gateway

Carer Gateway is a national online and phone service that provides practical information and resources to support carers. The interactive service finder helps carers connect to local support services.

Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS)

(NSW residents) – Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme. IPTAAS is a subsidy program which provides financial assistance to help with travel and accommodation costs for people (and eligible escorts) who need to travel long distances to access specialist treatment not available locally. Patients travelling at least 100km each way, or at least 200km per week cumulative distance, are eligible to apply for IPTAAS subsidies. To obtain further details about IPTAAS eligibility, IPTAAS application forms and IPTAAS Fact Sheets, and to make an online IPTAAS application, go to EnableNSW IPTAAS

EnableNSW’s IPTAAS web page also includes a calculator useful for obtaining an estimate of your reimbursement for travel and accommodation costs.

Alternatively, you can obtain application forms by contacting an IPTAAS office on one of the following number: p 1800 IPTAAS (1800 478 227) – EnableNSW office

Rights Information and Advocacy Centre Inc

(RIAC) – Is a not for profit organisation operating throughout Geelong, central, northern and north-western Victoria providing information and advocacy support to individuals, families, carers and communities.

Utility Relief Grant Scheme (URGS)

(VIC Residents) – Utility Relief Grant and Non-Mains Utility Relief Grant schemes. The Utility Relief Grant is available to eligible cardholders who are unable to pay their mains electricity, gas or water bill due to a temporary financial crisis.

Application forms for the Non-Mains Utility Relief Grant Scheme can be obtained by calling the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521.

Application forms for the Utility Relief Grant Scheme can be obtained from your gas, electricity and water companies.

Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS)

(VIC residents) – Patient transport subsidy: The Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS) subsidises the travel and accommodation costs incurred by rural Victorians, and an approved escort, who have no option but to travel a long distance to receive approved medical specialist services.

How to apply – Application forms can be obtained from local doctors, hospital social workers or by contacting the Department of Health VPTAS office on 1300 737 073.

For assistance filling out forms contact Sunraysia Information & Referral Service Inc (SIRS) on (03) 5023 4025 or